Quebec City, Quebec Climate & Temperature
- Quebec City, Quebec, Canada is at 46°47'N, 71°23'W, 74 m (243 ft). See map.
- Quebec City, Quebec has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Quebec City, Quebec is situated in or near the cool temperate wet forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 4 degrees Celsius (39.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 31.5 °C (56.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -6.2°C (20.8°F) on average falling to -15.6°C (4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 8.2°C (46.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -2°C (28.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 23.4°C (74.1°F) and average low temperatures are 11.8°C (53.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 10.6°C (51.1°F) during the day and lows of 1.7°C (35°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1207.8 mm (47.6 inches) which is equivalent to 1207.8 Litres/m² (29.62 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1638 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Quebec City, Quebec you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Albany, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Quebec City, Quebec Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Quebec City, Quebec Climate Graph in Metric Units
Quebec City, Quebec Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Quebec City, Quebec, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Dolbeau-Mistassini, Quebec, Canada - 246.1 kms (152.9 miles) NNW
- Roberval, Qc, Canada - 203.2 kms (126.3 miles) NNW
- Burwash, Yt, Canada - 139 kms (86.4 miles) SW
- Kuujjuarapik, Qc, Canada - 238.5 kms (148.2 miles) WSW
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada - 211 kms (131.1 miles) SW
- Montreal/ Dorval, Qc, Canada - 234.2 kms (145.6 miles) SW
- Sherbrooke, Qc, Canada - 152 kms (94.5 miles) S
- Chazy, Ny, Usa - 235 kms (146 miles) SSW
- Enosburg Falls, Vt, Usa - 236.5 kms (147 miles) SSW