Quebec City, Quebec Climate & Temperature
- Quebec City, Quebec, Canada is at 46°47'N, 71°23'W, 74 m (243 ft). See map.
- Quebec City, Quebec has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, warm summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dfb).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Quebec City, Quebec is situated in or near the cool temperate wet forest biome.
- The mean temperature is 4 degrees Celsius (39.2 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 31.5 °C (56.7°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach -6.2°C (20.8°F) on average falling to -15.6°C (4°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 8.2°C (46.8°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of -2°C (28.4°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 23.4°C (74.1°F) and average low temperatures are 11.8°C (53.3°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 10.6°C (51.1°F) during the day and lows of 1.7°C (35°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1207.8 mm (47.6 inches) which is equivalent to 1207.8 Litres/m² (29.62 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 1638 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- If you were to burrow down through the Earth from Quebec City, Quebec you would come out nearest to the climate station at Albany, Western Australia, Australia where you would find a Mediterranean climate.
Rio de Janeiro,
Climate of Quebec City, Quebec, Canada Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below:
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Dolbeau-Mistassini, Quebec, Canada - 246.1 kms (152.9 miles) NNW
- Roberval, Qc, Canada - 203.2 kms (126.3 miles) NNW
- Burwash, Yt, Canada - 139 kms (86.4 miles) SW
- Kuujjuarapik, Qc, Canada - 238.5 kms (148.2 miles) WSW
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada - 211 kms (131.1 miles) SW
- Montreal/ Dorval, Qc, Canada - 234.2 kms (145.6 miles) SW
- Sherbrooke, Qc, Canada - 152 kms (94.5 miles) S
- Chazy, Ny, Usa - 235 kms (146 miles) SSW
- Enosburg Falls, Vt, Usa - 236.5 kms (147 miles) SSW